NANOLEAP is funded under the H2020 European Research and Innovation Programme. The aim of the call for tenders is to carry out a pilot programme to test and validate the operation of the future network of pilot plants set by the NANOLEAP consortium. The network intends to offer the following services:
– Pre-treatment and functionalisation of nanoparticles or nano-aggregates to ensure optimal compatibility with the bulk matrix and avoid dispersion problems.
– Implementation of advanced quality control and process verification technologies to increase production volumes, repeatability and robustness of the products.
– Real-time measurement, analysis and operations at the nanoscale level to characterise relevant materials properties (e.g. nanofillers dispersion, nanofillers distribution, interfacial properties at the nano level).
– Support in the adoption of safer-by-design approaches with the detection, the identification and the characterisation of particles emitted in workplace air and the implementation of risk mitigation measures (e.g confinement barriers, collective and personal protective equipment).
– Market oriented services: IPR management, market analysis & business modelling, nanosafety, life cycle analysis, environmental assessment, engineering consultancy, dissemination & networking.
The selected applicants will be granted free access to the technologies and services offered by the NANOLEAP pilot plants to carry out a research project or a business case supported by the NANOLEAP project. Proposals must be received by 31 December 2017. Tenders will be granted until 31 March 2018.